CHALLENGE 2022-23: FOOD BOOST CHALLENGE LIMBURG
CAN YOU HELP YOUNG PEOPLE IN LIMBURG MAKE HEALTHIER FOOD CHOICES?
Do you have the perfect idea to make the eating environment of young people healthier and make young people in Limburg choose healthy food more quickly? The Food Boost Challenge 2022-23 is looking for ground-breaking ideas that will make healthy eating in Limburg easier, more attractive and above all more fun. Do you have the best idea? Then you and your team can win €5.000,- and lay a healthy breeding ground for your career.
DO YOU THINK OF, FOR EXAMPLE:
- An ingenious concept for a hotspot frequented by many young people, such as a music festival, a supermarket or a football club, making healthy eating easier, more fun or hipper?
- New channels or ways of presentation that make it easier for young people to choose healthy food in school or sports canteens, in public transport or in the supermarket?
- Or do you have another great idea to improve the eating environment of young people in Limburg and make the healthy choice the easy choice?
… then in the coming months we are going to set up a great track for you! In it, your idea, from concept to product, will be developed in collaboration with leading (Limburg) companies and organisations!
WIN 5,000 EUROS AND KICKSTART YOUR CAREER
The participating companies and organisations are eager to guide talents with good ideas to a winning concept. If your idea blows the professional jury away, you can look forward to this:
- € 5.000,- prize money for the winners
- € 500,- prize money for the public winners
- other prizes
- extensive media exposure during the finals on 8 June 2023
- and, of course, a whole host of great companies and organisations that want to bring you in after your studies!
For all participants, this challenge will be unforgettable. You will collaborate with our (Limburg) partners from the business community and the social field, gain access to an extensive network and be prepared to be a pitch king/queen!
YOUR IDEA AS A SOLUTION?
Why this challenge? Because it is desperately needed for a healthy future! Research shows that 17% of young people are overweight. In Limburg, this percentage is as high as 33%. Unhealthy temptations are everywhere: a croissant from the supermarket for breakfast, a snack from the vending machine instead of a piece of fruit and a bowl of chips after exercise. With the Food Boost Challenge 2022-23, we are turning it around! How are we going to entice young people in Limburg to make healthy choices?
The Food Boost Challenge is an initiative of De Haagse Hogeschool/Medical Delta Living Lab VIT forLife, HortiHeroes and Foodvalley NL. Together with dsm-firmenich, GGD Zuid-Limburg, Zuyd Hogeschool, Vista College and Maastricht University, we are now organising the Food Boost Challenge 2022-23 in Limburg. Which cool idea will you develop with us?
CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
- You are taking a course at a Dutch educational institution (secondary school, MBO, HBO or university) or you graduated at maximum 2 years ago.
- You study and live in the Netherlands.
- You can demonstrate a link with the Limburg region, e.g. because you go to school there, live, work, or come from there.
- You are at least 16 years old and no older than 28.
- You have a team with a minimum of two and a maximum of six team members (does not have to be from one educational institution).
- You are willing to share and publish the idea, with the idea remaining, until otherwise determined, the property of you and your team members.
- At least one team member will always be available during the dates listed below.
OWNERSHIP OF YOUR IDEA
You retain ownership of your submitted concept or solution until you agree otherwise. Keep in mind that your pitch will be viewed by industry professionals and that your pitch, with your concept or ideas in it, will be shared with others. Keep sensitive unique and technical details out of the submission and pitch.
THE ROUTE TO SUCCESS
The Food Boost Challenge is divided into four stages: From research to ideation and from concept development to first prototype. But, if possible, after the final we continue with phase 5: implementation.
This way, you will literally work towards a healthier diet for future generations!
On 8 March 2023, your application must be in, which can be done via the application form. From all applications, we will choose 5 to 10 teams with the best ideas to develop further.
This is what makes us and our partners happy:
- Ideas with a focus on vegetables, fruit and water, because there is a lot of room for improvement there!
- Innovative ideas that can make a difference (on a large scale)
- A team with passion, knowledge and drive to make the most of this challenge
- Ideas focused on the food environment of young people in Limburg, such as:
- the school canteen, sports canteen or supermarket, places where young people come often
- or large events where many young people come, such as a football match at Fortuna Sittard or Roda JC, or the Pinkpop festival
SAVE THE DATES
- 01/02: Challenge open for applications
- 08/03: Deadline for entries
- 15/03: Finalists will be announced
- 24/03: Co-creation & matchmaking meeting
- 13/04: Follow-up co-creation meeting
- 23/05: Pitch training
- 08/06: Final with pitches